Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Naked Truth

Today, Sarah and I met our new best friend.  Josh, the EX-MARINE/Body builder/Olympic trainer, is our able bodied assistant on this exercise journey.  He is seems like a pretty neat guy, bald, dry sense of humor and full of knowledge about one's body.
We started today with a few measurements.  I am going to share mine with you in faith that you will not judge but have a greater understanding of the goals I am working towards.
Bust:  44"
Waist: 39"
Hips:  49"
Right arm:  13.5"
Right thigh:  21"
Right calf:  16"
There you have it..the naked truth!!  I am the 'pear shaped woman' obviously.  And as I discovered in this process, I have no core or upper body strength. BUT, if I could use my legs in a fight, I could take you down.

The exercise assessment consisted of 3 minutes of stepping up and down on a platform, doing as many push ups(girl style) as we could (sarah did 25..I only negotiated 20 since I wasn't lowering myself down to the floor far enough), these torture squats with a big ball against the wall squatting for 1 minute( which felt like 3 minutes), step up push ups(this was a good one...push up position excepting walking your hands up the platform), push ups on the wall with the big ball, and lunges to end 30 minutes of fun.
Josh seemed to chuckle each time we did something new, especially when I commented that I didn't like each new exercise we learned and thought we should not do that one anymore...but clearly, he did not listen to me and we pressed on!  I really enjoyed just bouncing on the ball!!! Now that was fun!
It was really hard to go today..not sure why.  Guess because it had been a pretty rough week personally and at work.  As I began to attempt some of the exercises, I really had to focus to complete them.  And some, I could not do very well at all.  But that was ok.  I WILL get better at the exercises...my body WILL get better...my mind WILL get better. Its all about the mind, body, soul and spirit...all getting healthy at the same time.
Sarah and I laughed at ourselves.....and, all in all, hearing the truth about my physical body, learning my body strengths and weaknesses really wasn't so bad at all..matter fact, it was all good.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Vesta! Just do your best and forget the rest! 1 Corinthians 9:27 "but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Vesta...I'll be following your blog and praying for you on this journey of self-love and self-discovery. Your human nature is your enemy but you have the Spirit of Christ in you Who overcame death and all is possible through Him.

    ReplyDelete