Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pressing on

Of course, I wrote this really great blog for my exercise week..complete with exercise details, etc...and then erased it all!!

So, let's try this again..Josh, the trainer, was able to train with Sarah and I this week...we did circuits.
All you fancy exercise people know what those are and now so do I.  Just another level of torture!!! No, it was a fun way to do different things and work on different parts of our body.  I still cannot convince Josh to have 'freestyle' exercise day...or do bouncy ball exercises...he just looks at me and says 'Ok Vesta' and says 'GO'!!
My heart was heavy which made it hard to focus this week.  My best friends mom from high school, the 2nd mom for me, became seriously ill.  The family isn't close in location so I got to spend some time with her and my friends dad.  I have some wonderful memories of growing up in their home.  Feeling loved and secure.  I got to go on vacations because of their generousity.  Her mom used to perm my hair.  And my favorite memory, the black tea pot cookie jar always full of Oreo's!  We never got those growing up but I always got them there.  I am sure we all have the person or family who took us in from time to time.  What an important part of our lives they are. 
Another friend from high school found out her mom had a large mass on her lung this week too.  So many hurting people.  So many people wondering what next month will bring...seems insignificant that I should be worried about my stupid little workouts.  But, it is a part of making me healthy..and no matter what happens with the people I love dearly around me, it will still be all good! Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment